Friday, July 31, 2009

The Fall - Albert Camus

  • A single sentence will suffice for modern man; he fornicated and he read the papers.
  • I enjoyed my own nature to the fullest and we all know that there in lies happiness. Although to soothe one another mutually, we occasionally pretended to condemn such joys as selfishness.
  • To tell the truth, just from being so fully and simply a man, I looked upon myself as something as a superman.
  • Maybe we don’t love life enough.
  • I knew a man who gave twenty years of his life to a scatter brained woman, sacrificing everything for her, his friendships, his work, the very respectability of his life, and one evening recognized that he had never loved her. He had been bored, that’s all. Bored like most people.
  • Thus I progressed on the surface of life, in the realm of worlds as it were, never in reality. All those books, barley read, those friends barley loved, those cities barley visited, those women barley possessed. I went through the gestures of boredom and absentmindedness. Then came human beings’ they wanted to cling, but there was nothing to cling too, and that was unfortunate for them. As for me, I forgot. I never remembered anything but myself.
  • What does it matter, after all, if by humiliating one’s mind one succeeds in dominating everyone? I discovered in myself, sweet dreams of oppression.
  • That’s the way man is. He has two faces. He cannot love with out self-love.
  • Do not wait until the last judgment. It happens every day.

1 comment:

  1. Thus massive your self-assurance is usually! The idea regular in order to spill exactly how money My partner and i die learned from the popularity, for instance your impractical associated with willing moderns titillating. My partner and i spread recommend that in order to anybody. can you grow cannabis from hemp seeds

    ReplyDelete